Orfit Classic has excellent elastic and adhesive qualities. Its wide product range makes it ideal for all splint types. It is excellent as a base for different attachments and has unlimited potential for fabrication of very large to very small orthoses, according to the thickness you select.
- Transparent when activated.
- Non-coated material.
- Excellent stretch (1000%) without tearing.
- Full elastic memory (100%).
- Easy to trim edges.
- Available in high stretch (“soft”) and low stretch (“stiff”) version.
- Antibacterial property.
How it works and looks
- Transparency indicates when the material is ready to mould. Allows for proper alignment and visual monitoring over anatomical landmarks.
- Temporary adhesion during splint fabrication and reliable permanent bonding by using dry heat. Tackiness helps orthosis stay in place during fabrication. All attachments and outriggers can be adhered easily.
- Very precise moulding conforms to patient anatomy, for example in the hand arches and first web space. Accurate moulding improves correct dispersion of skin pressure.
- Completely remouldable and can be adjusted easily after reheating locally.
- Avoids waste of material.
- Soft version has less resistance to stretch and more drape, while stiff version has increased resistance to stretch and less drape.
- Unlimited potential for the fabrication of all size splints with extra care and prevention of pressure points. Excellent as a base for different attachments.
- “Soft” version recommended for: small finger orthoses, thumb orthoses, resting hand orthoses, wrist and wrist/thumb orthoses and circumferential designs.
- “Stiff” version recommended for: large orthoses, long arm orthoses, AFO’s and fracture and anti-spastic bracing.