Radiotherapy Shielding Block Mold Cutter
Radiotherapy departments can now take advantage of the cost savings and versatility of a compact tabletop Compu•cutter® system.
The Compu•cutter® III is less than half the size of its predecessor without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
Available as a complete package or as a single unit which can plug and play with your existing configuration. Huestis software is compatible with any Windows® based O/S, allowing for easy image manipulation, correction
Compu•cutter® III is the next generation in the Huestis Medical block cutting system.
Radiotherapy teams worldwide have come to depend on Huestis Medical for quality and costeffective radiotherapy products.
The Compu•cutter® III is a CE certified radiotherapy shielding block cutter.
• Computerized, four-axis cutter ensures
accuracy of ±1 mm.
• Built-in checks minimize operator error
and time consuming re-cuts.
• Allows review of outline on monitor.
• Drawing package feature allows for easy
image manipulation and correction.
• Cut path simulation prior to actual blockcut.
• All functions and set ups are completely
• Radiograph printout verifies tracing.
• Template printout facilitates mounting
shielding block on tray.
Treatment Planning Interfaces
• Digitized block outlines can be easily
transferred from treatment planning.
• Eliminates redundant input of block
outlines from radiographs.
• Imported outlines may be cut
immediately or stored for later use.
Radiograph Digitizing (optional)
• Radiograph is aligned on crosshairs and
traced with a digitizing mouse.
• Windows® based program digitizes and
stores data and patient files for easy
reference or modifications.
• Easy input of patient/block information.
• Pre-set operational function keys.
• User may select any cut path to connect
multiple block outlines.
• Ability to “flip” image for fast AP/PA or L/R
lateral blocks, or change any parameter without re-digitizing.
Hot Wire Cutting
• Image can be moved to any position on the block to allow for the conservation of styrofoam use.
• Fast .45 in/sec (1 cm/sec) cut speed.
• Cutter is safely enclosed in cutting bay.
• Adjustable temperature for variations in
• Safety interlock for open door position.
• Custom defaults: S.F.D., S.A.D., S.T.D.
• Distance changes can be factored in after
digitizing or TPS import.
• Determines smallest block required for
shape or combination of shapes.
• Our full system for the Compu·Cutter® III
includes the cutter, computer, custom
software, printer, digitizer and an optional
• Our system can be purchased as a cutter
and software package only, to be used with
existing peripherals in any radiotherapy
department to reduce expenses.
• Footprint is smaller than our Styro-former®.
• Measures 30 in (76.2 cm) tall x 15.75 in (40
cm) wide x 30 in (76.2 cm) deep, weight approximatley 60 lbs (27.27 kg).
Designed for versatility, our stand-alone
cutting bay may be used with your own
digitizer, through treatment planning, or
supplied as a fully integrated system.
Fully articulating and gimbaled cutting
mechanism is accurate ±1 mm at the
block tray level for precise, divergent cuts.